Discord general discussion

This is for general community discussion. All content from the “General” Discord chat channel is automatically posted here by me (bot).

I’ve finished writing a Discord to Discourse bot

Now all posts in the following Discord channels are automatically posted over to appropriate topics in the https://blocknettalk.com forum : general, trading, blocknet-mentions, development, tidbits, litewallet-multiwallet, discussions, marketing and service node setup

This means a lot of valuable discussion content we have over here will now start appearing in google search results and should bring us fresh organic traffic

It will be even BETTER if people actually start posting over there sometimes as well! Remember long topic discussion can be fruitful in forum format with less clutter! And there is Discord login to skip registration! So far about 6 or 7 sign ups

There may be some bugs in the bot I wrote, I will check back in the morning when I wake

Ah I forgot to say, any announcements made here are also now automatically posted to the blocknettalk Announcements section as separate individual topics

Scott Wehman (Discord): I have a ZOI and BLOCK wallet I can use straight away. Could probably get LTC as well. What about NIX, that one isn’t supported yet? (Seems kind of odd)

mbhc (Discord): https://www.tonysheng.com/decentralized-definition?ref=tokendaily this article touching on the issue of everyone using “decentralized” even if they are not at all, I think it is tough to find a project as truly decentralized as Block

littleeagle (Discord): How would a website which offers decentralised trading work with Blocknet? How can javascript in the browser trustlessly interact with Block service nodes? I’m interested in the concept

jjjg (Discord): Hey guys, do blocknet support ethhash coins somehow ?

jjjg (Discord): And update is nice !

Dungor (Discord): @Soldat is welcome, KMD is clearly doing different design decision than us. From what I understand we would rely on a smart contract chain for that functionality, not run it on our nodes.
KMD with this direction is clearly aiming to disrupt Ethereum. You do ICOs, now also have smart contract functionality of your own that you can provide to other chains. Why limit yourself to the Ethereum blockchain when you can spread out across many. Ethereum is still easy to get started with, barriers to entry is lower than when having to create your own blockchain fork.
It’s a different business model than ours and I still have hopes that the two projects will specialize as time goes and collaborate

Matthijs (Discord): <@454024694106947584> Hi! You can view all currently supported coins here: https://www.blocknet.co/coins/ ETH/ERC20 is being worked on

c5437781 (Discord): yeah, i was thinking more short term for when people bump into something odd exchange-wise, but definitely long term a more automated solution for nodes, or an easy way to keep track/discuss is really important - it just strikes when messing around with this stuff that it’s quite a job staying up to date with any issues

meldame (Discord): yeah, i was thinking more short term for when people bump into something odd exchange-wise, but definitely long term a more automated solution for nodes, or an easy way to keep track/discuss is really important - it just strikes when messing around with this stuff that it’s quite a job staying up to date with any issues

meldame (Discord): it worked!

meldame (Discord): so happy

meldame (Discord): :smile:

meldame (Discord): was waiting for someone to post a new ltc order