In-depth discussions

Jazzy (Discord): Not sure what you mean by that, 30% fee split to stakers has been a thing for much longer than the single tier rewards system

life.is.too.shor (Discord): I’m just saying that the original discussion above was about snodes taking trade fee in native or block

life.is.too.shor (Discord): This discussion about stakers profit/incentive, although I’m happy to have as well, is not really directly related

Jazzy (Discord): But they are, changing the fees paid to native tokens requires a redesign in the current proposed fee split function,

life.is.too.shor (Discord): The fee split function is being removed when single tier block reward mechanism implemented

life.is.too.shor (Discord): Either way would require a redesign

life.is.too.shor (Discord): At that point everyone will be a staker…

life.is.too.shor (Discord): So the mechanism would no longer work even if you wanted it to

xxman (Discord): Does Blcoknet reward have a halving effect?

xxman (Discord): Are there any advantages to running a node without any additional blockchains attached to the node?

xxman (Discord): Is it possible to know whihc MNs have which wallets from other coins enabled?

mav137 (Discord): interesting discussion; I was a contributor to the COSS ico and they share trading fees in native tokens. Let me tell you, that is a big hassle, especially for smaller (dust-like) amounts. I’m very much for an easy experience for end-users, but this burden should not be carried by node owners…unless there is a one click solution to market-sell all available trading fee tokens into the markets.
Practically I see 2 solutions; either the end users will automatically buy BLOCK without their knowing (keeping the buy pressure on Block- Sorry life, I cant agree on your logic). Or the nodes should have a solution to gather all trade fees in one self hosted (multi)wallet, like the collateral wallet and sell the fees in bulk. Technically we should look at layer 2 solutions if bloat on the BLOCK chain should become an issue.
Just my 2 sat

life.is.too.shor (Discord): <@488216766409998366>

1. No, new block is generated at 1 BLOCK/ min indefinitely
  2. For the time being, but soon there will not be once the single tier reward system approved by the nodes is implemented
  3. yes - https://blockdx.co/service-nodes

Jazzy (Discord): The mechanism is not yet implemented anyway, it’s theoretical

life.is.too.shor (Discord): <@349876516991008769> unless there is a one click solution to market-sell all available trading fee tokens into the markets that is the goal

life.is.too.shor (Discord): automatically buy BLOCK without their knowing that requires constant liquidity for every BLOCK/compatible coin pair, which we don’t have at the moment. So unless some puts out 100 bots for each of these pairs the end users wouldn’t be able to auto buy

xxman (Discord): Where can I find more info on this "2. For the time being, but soon there will not be once the single tier reward system approved by the nodes is implemented "

cryptoved (Discord): <#495116552425701376>

xxman (Discord): If a particular blockchain is not hosted by a service node then Xrouter and X Bridge do not have access to it right? Their can be no atomic swaps or transfer to and fro that blockchai?

life.is.too.shor (Discord): <@488216766409998366> correct