Marketing and all such things

cryptoved (Discord): Each individual blockchain will have access to add their own content, in addition to automatically pulling social medial content. As life.is.too.short said :ok_hand:

Kingbong (Discord): It sounds like Shane needs to be given the job title of web designer rather than marketer. I would prefer to see more traditional marketing routes pursued since our marketing budget is limited, rather than building a random ambitious project and hoping it takes off and boosts Block presence in the process. My skepticism is drawn by the fact that there’s simply little need for a news/social media aggregator for coins. For Block and all other coins I’m part of all major news is broadcast to all of the relevant channels (discord, twitter etc) so if you follow the coin on Twitter you know what’s going on?
I don’t think Block has the budget for this stuff

CryptQueen (Discord): <@408136518188924929> any sneak peaks?

CryptQueen (Discord): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEgk2v6KntY

The Coin Hub Social Network Extravaganza Aggregator? Drop the “The”

emissary (Discord): This is a kind of product/service that would seem likely to benefit from community feedback. In other words, prior to coding the thing. If it’s being designed for communities, it would seem to me that members of a coin community would have useful input or feedback regarding the design and implementation.

emissary (Discord): <@459735671066853386> I think your comment is fair. The development team went to the community with its plans in June, provided short write ups of projects, polled the community, and then began work. In this case we’re talking about an ongoing project about which the community is largely in the dark, and wasn’t asked to approve, except in that the salary of the marketing director is approved.

emissary (Discord): How much is being spent on this coin hub project? What percent of Shane’s time is devoted to coin hub? Are any developers building this? How are they being paid? What is the actual amount spent to date, and how much still needs to be spent?

shane (Discord): In this case we're talking about an ongoing project about which the community is largely in the dark, and wasn't asked to approve, except in that the salary of the marketing director is approved.<@328976529193435136> This initiative was proposed as part of the Q2 Marketing plan and then again in the Q3 Marketing plan. As usual, we asked for feedback and promptly responded to any questions or feedback. We expounded on the idea of the social media feed and shared the proposed designs with the community on May 26th resulting in very positive feedback. A vote was taken on the design and any feedback was taken to heart and applied.

These website initiatives were started in early summer when the market was in a much healthier place, and since, we’ve scaled back in accordance to the bear market on some features. Any costs are publicly available in the community fund tracker. Strategy feedback is always welcomed, but timing is important as this aspect of the marketing strategy was presented the beginning of Q2 and started mid Q2.

Dungor (Discord): Shanes strategy has measurably worked

Dungor (Discord): It’s an initiative that continuously brings awareness and users to our platform rather than one-off commercials.
We can have those when we are ready to target majority segment, but this requires a much easier to use application first

Kingbong (Discord): Passing a vote doesn’t grant immunity from criticism
It does concern me that a multi month project is consuming (most of?) our limited marketing budget when I’m unable to see clear reasons why people would use this ambitious platform instead of sticking with the status quo of following coins on Twitter and getting all the updates they need.

1. what is the estimated launch date?
  2. Where is the project specification? i.e. Detailed document outlining all of the functionality on each page of the website and so on.
  3. How many man hours have been spent on this so far?
    Thank you

shane (Discord): It does concern me that a multi month project is consuming (most of?) our limited marketing budgetThe point trying to made here isn’t even close to factual, and this conversation is now serving as a distraction with alternative motives. The direction of the website was a collaborative effort of the team, then later opened to the Brand Leads-- all the while was consistently presented to the community multiple times for criticism and feedback. If the community feels our website should be static as every other coin, instead of becoming a dynamic source of information and tools that offer utilities to the projects and communities that are part of the Blocknet, please only offer constructive and factual feedback. Thanks.

CryptQueen (Discord): ```

1. what is the estimated launch date?
  2. Where is the project specification? i.e. Detailed document outlining all of the functionality on each page of the website and so on.
  3. How many man hours have been spent on this so far?
    Thank you

Are legitmate enough questions no?

Kingbong (Discord): Shane I’m very happy to focus on the facts then since the estimate in my quoted sentence is apparently way off.
Can you please answer the questions and not dismiss them?
Thanks

Dungor (Discord): Answering those questions takes time. If you insist then write a 10 block proposal and get it voted through to prioritize it.
Alternatively contribute with marketing how you think it should be done

Kingbong (Discord): There should already be a project specification in place, I would be concerned if there isn’t. And telling us the estimated launch date and man hours taken so far is a small task

Kingbong (Discord): Deflecting such basic questions with a requirement I have to make a 10 block proposal and get it voted through appears defensive to me

Dungor (Discord): Not deflecting just saying there are more important things to attend right now than your request. I told you the process for how you can

Kingbong (Discord): Are you officially speaking on behalf of Shane here or just chucking your opinion in? I don’t feel such basic questions require 10 block and to be voted through

Dungor (Discord): I’m speaking on my own behalf